Kickstart Jobs – Digital Marketing Assistant
Job Category: Marketing
Number of Placements: 3
Location: Sheffield, South Yorkshire
Employment Type: Part-time, 25 hours per week
Salary: National Min Wage
Claiming Universal Credit? Aged 16 -24? Looking for an opportunity to get an interesting job with training?
This Kickstart Placement offers 25 hours per week paid employment for 6 months. During that time you will have an interesting and responsible job for which we will provide ongoing training. We will also provide both general business training, employability training, guidance with career orientation, and additional technical training through personal coaching and our own online training portal as you progress. We will also help you look for permanent employment or an apprenticeship.
Working within Diamodis Leisure Ltd, part of the small but growing Diamodis group of companies that provide online and offline marketing and communications services to the hospitality, retail, healh and internationl real estate industries, our aim is to offer you the experience of working at the forefront of digital marketing, where your efforts will make a genuine contribution.
Based in Sheffield but anticipated to be working from home throughout most of 2021 subject to official Covid guidance, with ongoing WFH opportunities moving forward, we are looking for young and enthusiastic people to work online using the latest internet technologies, learning new systems and marketing methods, and keen to be in at the start of a project where you will play an integral role.
The projects we are undertaking now will put us in a strong position for when the UK comes fully out of lockdown and more normal patterns of trading resume.
The role requires a methodical approach and good attention to detail, to ensure data input into our systems is accurate. You will need an interest in IT and setting up new systems with support from the team. In return, you will gain good work experience and develop skills useful for future employment.
As a part of our marketing we operate a growing number of regional online business directories, providing both free and paid promotional opportunities for local businesses. These are currently active for the regions of Sheffield & South Yorkshire, North Yorkshire, West Yorkshire, and West Midlands.
Successful applicants will have the opportunity to be involved in the operation and promotion of one of these directories, each Marketing Assistant being responsible for one of the directories, thus having regional responsibility.
There will be additional opportunities to learn and get involved in other marketing activities subject to individual interests and aptitudes.
We are recognised as a Disability Confident employer, a Mindful Employer and also positively encourage applications from all ethnic backgrounds.
Typical role responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Working with e-mail marketing campaigns
- Generating content for social media platforms, including graphics
- Assisting with marketing campaign idea generation
- Producing interesting region-specific content for the directories
- Providing online support to customers using the directories
- Driving visitor traffic to company websites
- Use of Google Analytics as a marketing decision-making aid
Desired Qualities, Skills & Knowledge:
- Understanding of social media platforms
- Experience in content writing (such as for blogs) would be beneficial
- Creative and innovative
- Methodical with attention to detail
- Some photograph manipulation experience would be useful
- Good organisational and time management skills
- Good written communication with strong grammatical skills
- Enthusiastic personality and willingness to share ideas
- Keen to learn new technology
- Preferable minimum GCSE Grade 4/C or Functional Skills Level 2 in English Language
Salary, Hours & Benefits:
- National minimum wage, depending on age, paid monthly in arrears
- 25 hours per week for 6 months
- Flexible working hours Monday-Friday, to be agreed
- 10 days holiday plus bank holidays during the placement
How to apply:
Please note: these are Kickstart positions and are only available to candidates aged 16-24 claiming Universal credit.
1. Contact your Job Centre+ Work Coach saying that you want to apply for this job and quoting reference KS759116CB
2. Send us your CV accompanied by a brief motivational letter to email@example.com
3. We will acknowledge your application as soon as your Work Coach has made the related referral to us.
Job Reference ID: DMA02105-003